Monday, August 30, 2010

I'm Baaa--aaak

Apologies for the radio silence--big family event this past weekend that I was in charge of pulling off which occupied an extraordinary amount of time.  A good time was had by all, but I'm glad it's over! 

But to make up for my lapse, I came across a great designer who's making chairs and tables out of old traffic signs.  His name is Boris Bally and his work is both modern and playful.   Would love to see these seating-as-sculptures around a stainless dining table, or even strategically placed along a long gallery wall. 

Do you think of these as art or functional pieces?  Would love to hear your feedback.

 

2 comments:

  1. I love the fact that they're both pieces of art and highly functional; I would utilize them as both! Thanks for sharing. In the same vein, I saw something at the Alameda Antique Fair that you would LOVE. An artist has taken (from British public buses) the old rolls upon which destinations are inscribed. He unrolls them, applies a treatment, and uses them to upholster furniture and cover pillows. The rolls look great simply hung on the wall as art, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fab, Mark! Do you know the guy's name? Maybe I can find a link to his work.

    ReplyDelete