Monday, July 12, 2010

Am I Blue


Kid in a candy store, I tell you. The countertop materials they're making these days out of 100% recycled glass are not only gorgeous, they're positively delicious. IceStone, Vetrazzo, Enviroglas--they all have beautiful palettes of varying colors, but I must say, I'm partial to the cobalts. I've had visions of glass and concrete slabs dancing in my head for a much-needed bathroom remodel in my house--think a beadboard painted vanity with Cobalt Ice on top--but this would just as easily work in a kitchen, as you can see here. What I love about this stuff is the versatility: it can just as easily work in your sleek, city pied a terre as it could in your country cabin. With pricing pretty comparable to granite, what's not to like?





2 comments:

  1. I have Vetrazzo countertops. the only thing is make sure you seal them extra well or you will be bleaching out coffee and wine stains! I love mine, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know, Paula! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete