Sunday, July 18, 2010

New Candlestick Park Flea Market: Two Thumbs Up


My 12-year-old daughter and I went to check out the new antique flea market at Candlestick Park and I'm happy to report it lived up to the hype as reported in the SF Chronicle. Definitely much more enticing furniture, accessories, and architectural elements than are available at the Alemany Flea Market, but certainly pricier, too. While my daughter hunted among the myriad costume jewelry booths, I was on the lookout for wooden pieces with some visual interest suitable for either placing on a coffee table or using as wall decor. I was not disappointed, and walked away with two wooden printers' type sorting trays. (See above.) Have to clean them up a bit and perhaps give them a light wash of paint, but I couldn't be more pleased for $20.

Here are some of the other great things I saw (but did not buy) today:





















2 comments:

  1. Excellent finds! Maybe we will go in September. It's the weekend before Andrew/we go to Eugene, so I'm not sure it will work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, we can be in by 8 a.m. and out by 10 or 10:30 and you'd still have the whole day. But either way, I'm sure we'll find time to go together sometime in the near future!

    ReplyDelete