Saturday, July 17, 2010

Decor and Accessories for Under $100

Who doesn't love a bargain? If you're not the hunter-gatherer/flea market type, I've found some terrific room-enhancing accessories on the cheap. Check 'em out:

I don't know about you, but there's something I find so soothing about seaglass. Makes me want to book a trip to Martha's Vineyard and soak up the ocean air and eat a lobster or two. These recycled glass vases from Viva Terra are on sale and priced anywhere from $39 to $85. Would look great in an all white bathroom or grouped on a fireplace mantel.

These rustic spheres in sustainable bamboo from West Elm are only $7 to $20, depending on the size. I love stuff that adds texture, particularly if it's an unexpected jolt in an otherwise sleek, contemporary room.
A former colleague of mine introduced me to Lulan Artisans, a visionary company with a socially responsible agenda, that makes the most exquisite woven goods for the home. (They make clothing, too.) This is their Fractured Tile Pillow for $63. It comes in this yummy chocolate and a lovely neutral putty/sage.
How cool are these old soda crates from Pottery Barn's Earth Friendly store? I think they'd be great to store magazines, or even to use under a work table or desk to sort paper clips, rubber bands, postage, and whatnot. Even better, they're only $24 each.




No comments:

Post a Comment